With the number of COVID-19 cases rising across Bahrain, we would like to reassure all our customers that we have strict regulations in place to keep both employees and customers safe. As one of the leading construction companies in Bahrain, we take our health and safety responsibilities very seriously and hope to set a model example for other companies in the region.
That is why, in response to increasing concern about the coronavirus pandemic, we have created a ‘Corona Task Team’ to identify, report and facilitate the needs of the Ministry of Health and our employees. Our COVID task team regularly convenes in order to assess the safety of our community and to take corrective measures as necessary.
We have worked hard to ensure that all our employees and customers are fully aware of the important safety measures that we have in place. Even before the pandemic reached the critical point it is at currently, we conducted employee awareness sessions for everyone in the workplace. Flyers and posters with our COVID prevention measures are pasted extensively across our worksites and accommodation buildings to ensure everyone at Al Manaratain is following the necessary precautions to keep others safe.
General preventative measures for customers and employees are as follows:
- No shaking hands
- Compulsory to wear a face-covering
- Keep social distance (minimum of 2m) – all showroom floors are marked with special stickers as a guide
- Wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds
- Sanitize hands frequently (sanitisers are readily available at showrooms and other sites with instructions for use)
- Employees and staff must have their temperature taken before entering the premises. Anyone with a temperature of 37.5°C or higher will be denied entry and should report to the Ministry of Health.
Additional instructions are displayed at our accommodation sites, asking people to:
- Avoid gathering in the rooms
- Avoid gathering with more than 5 people in the public places
- Disinfect surfaces and restrooms regularly (timely disinfection treatment is also conducted by well- trained employees at our work premises and in our vehicles)
- Wash hands before entering the building (provisions have been made for this)
- Ensure hand sanitiser is always readily available
In addition to these general safety measures, we are asking employees to:
- Avoid outside contact ( we provide a grocery delivery facility to assist with this)
- Self-isolate when returning to work after vacation. Quarantine/ Isolation rooms are available to accommodate this and are also used in the event an employee is displaying COVID symptoms. Immediate response is issued in this event and contact tracing carried out.
We are encouraging all our employees to get the COVID-19 vaccination and offering to assist with the registration process. Like all other construction companies in Bahrain, we are hoping it won’t be too long before life is back to normal. However, until then our commitment to COVID preparedness will allow us to continue producing high-quality concrete products without jeopardising the safety of anyone in our community.
If you have any remaining questions or concerns with regards to how Al Manaratain is helping to keep its customers and employees COVID-safe, please don’t hesitate to leave us a message.